- A&FS is bound by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Please note that if at any time A&FS is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, A&FS must cooperate fully.
- acts or practices of A&FS that are directly related to employee records of current or former employees; and
- Information about companies or partnerships unless and to the extent that the information disclosed is specific to identifiable individuals of the company or firm.
What Sort Of Information Does A&FS Collect And Hold?
A&FS collects information about you (the "Information") in several different ways:-
- A&FS collects information when you engage the organisation so that A&FS may provide you with accounting / tax / business advisory services / loan broking services;
- When you send A&FS or an employee of A&FS an e-mail or other correspondence, we collect and store the details and contents of the email / correspondence;
- In certain circumstances A&FS will collect information from third parties such as the Australian Taxation Office, your financial institutions or your solicitor. In these circumstances we will inform you that we have obtained the information.
- A&FS collects information from prospective employees
What Happens If You Do Not Provide The Information?
If you do not provide information as requested A&FS may be unable to adequately provide the services you require. Where you do not provide the information requested the specific consequences in relation to the service being provided to you will be communicated to you by A&FS at the time.
Why and How Does A&FS Collect The Information And How Is It Used By A&FS?
A&FS collects the Information to provide you with a specific accounting / tax / business advisory services / loan broking service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to complete your annual Tax Return.
- A&FS also uses the Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive such material any more, see Correcting and Updating Your Profile below.
- A&FS may also from time to time use the information to send you information that has not been explicitly requested, such as an A&FS regular newsletter or other information that may be relevant to your business.
- A&FS collects information in relation to business associates and contacts as part of the development of ongoing business relationships.
- A&FS collect information from prospective employees to enable A&FS to assess whether they are suitable for employment.
To Whom Does A&FS Disclose Your Personal Information?
A&FS does not share personal information with third parties except as necessary to carry out their business or as requested by law or other legal process. In such situations we will obtain consent from you prior to disclose information.
A&FS will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you consent.
How Will A&FS Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
A&FS has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control.
These security measures are:-
- Restricted access to our premises and physical records;
- Password protection and firewalls to protect electronic information;
- Clause's in employee agreements requiring confidentiality.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
A&FS gives you the following options for accessing and modifying Information previously provided:-
- You may gain access to Information that A&FS has collected about you, by contacting the person named below or by contacting your relationship partner. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information.
- You may contact the person named below or your relationship partner to notify A&FS of corrections or updates to the information that we have collected about you.
How to Contact Us
Accounting and Financial Solutions
PO Box 2037
Ashgrove QLD 4060
(07) 3366 8122
(07) 3366 8144